Reasons Why Jily is the Ultimate OTP
- they got together during war- a pureblood and a muggleborn got together during a war which was about purebloods being better than muggleborns
- they have a fucking statue dedicated to them because they’re heroes
- name one other fab power couple badasses who has a statue dedicated to them and then we’ll talk
- they defied Voldemort three times
- can you defy no nose guy three times and live um no
- redheads are just fab
- and so are messy haired dorks
- lbr they’re both just
- they’re actually really lovely people who have so much empathy nrrgh those stupid lovable dorks
- the had sex and saved the world
- actually that should be the first and only reason
- world saving sex
- they did the do and almost killed you know who
- their frick fracking sent Voldy packing
siriusuntiltheveryend gives me jily and blackinnon feelings and… I just can’t…
no but imagine 18 year old lily, at the end of hogwarts, madly in love with James, full of spirit and passion and wanting to fight for the muggles in the war, wanting to make a difference in the wizarding world, wanting to have a beautiful wedding, wearing a beautiful dress, wanting to have a nice comfortable life with james once the war was over, wanting to have many kids, and wanting to grow old with james
and now think back to 21 year old lily, defying voldemort one final time, knowing full well she’s about to die, and that her husband, her james, the james she wanted to grow old with, is already dead, thinking back to all the dreams she had once had, dreams of a beautiful life, dreams of a full life, thinking back to the day she had harry, and the promise she made to her son along with james, the promise of never having harm come his way, promising to protect him with her life, and yet, despite all those shattered dreams, the only thing in her mind, is the promise she’d made to her son, and how she couldn’t keep it, and she dies thinking her son is going to die too, and that she failed him, not knowing that her son lived, survived. But she’d never know, and she died thinking she’d failed him and wow fuck i don’t even know what’s going on with me I am so fucking emotional now someone please hold me
hey everyone lets make a conscious effort to stop saying that snape called lily a “racial” slur when he called her a mudblood; i don’t think anyone is trying to be offensive or disrespectful (because i used to call it that too and i know that wasn’t my intention) but the issue has nothing to do with her skin color and minimizes the struggles of real life people who are attacked with real racial slurs.
so for their sake, i think “prejudice” slur would be more appropriate
I disagree. Race in the wizarding world, is blood status. It is supposed to represent the struggle that real people have because it’s something they can’t change and yet people still ridicule and treat them differently because of it. Racism isn’t just skin deep.
Racism is actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities.